I have practiced law in New York and New Jersey since 1997. I recently opened my general law practice in New City, New York, handling civil cases with a focus on litigation, insurance defense, wills, trusts and estates, family law, as well as municipal and traffic courts. I have extensive larger firm experience with a concentration on construction law cases in defending owners, general contractors and subcontractors from Labor Law Section 240, 200 and 241(6) claims. In addition to construction matters, I have handled numerous cases in New York and New Jersey in premises liability, property damage and motor vehicle defense.
I am admitted to practice before the State Courts of New York and New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District Court of New Jersey. I am also a member of the Rockland County Bar and New York State Bar Associations.
I also offer per diem services in Rockland, Orange, Westchester, Bronx, Putnam and Dutchess Counties, as well as in Northern New Jersey.
I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss the legal services I can provide. I offer discounts to EMS, fire and police.
• New York, 1997
• New Jersey, 1997
• U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1999
• U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1999
• U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1997
• Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
• J.D. - 1996
• President, Law School Senate
• Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia
•B.A. cum laude - 1991
Professional Associations and Memberships
•New York State Bar Association - Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section
•Rockland County Bar Association - Insurance Negligence & Compensation Law Committee
Past Employment Positions:
•Harrington, Ocko & Monk, LLP, Associate, 2008-2015
•French & Rafter, LLP, Associate, 2006 - 2008
•Bivona & Cohen, P.C., Associate, 2004 - 2006
• "Labor Law §240 and the Falling Worker - Recent Decisions," Defendant: The Journal of the Defense Association of New York, Inc., Vol. 14 No. 2, Winter, 2014
New City Fire Department
o Probationary Firefighter
o Basketball Coach
o Soccer Coach
New City Little League
o Assistant Coach
Clarkstown Soccer Club